Friday, October 19, 2007

Well...

Going to the Dr was largely frustrating. It might be tendinitis, bursitis, sciatica, stress fracture or any combination of the above. Right. I knew that already. That's why I went to the Doctor! She took x-rays, so we'll see if that sheds any light. She gave me a prescription for anti-inflammatories. I'll get that filled tomorrow.

She did tell me to rest for the next 2 weeks and to stop going to the chiropractor. I can easily stop going to the chiropractor; save some money and sleep in. But the rest part.... I'm still going to dance and do Pilates, as that is part of the job. But having to give up running is tough. Running is my escape. For 1/2 hour to an hour, it is just me in my world. I don't have to be anywhere, do anything, be responsible to or for anyone; just be. I'm not happy about having to give that up. I guess I'll try it for two weeks and see where we are. Maybe see a sports medicine doctor. I feel like one of those would at least have some idea of what I'm going through pain-wise and that just telling me to rest is a mentally terrifying treatment. Or maybe just go get a massage.

1 comment:

Amy Crawford said...

Yeah, I would say about the running thing, find a replacement for the time being...something where can experience an "escape", like massage, or shopping, or meditation. Generally when I need an escape, I like to put on headphones and just lie in bed or sit on the couch and listen to my favorite music. You being a musician, that might be powerful for you as well.