Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hhhhhmmmmm.

Apparently God is laughing at my blog name. My kinesic sense doesn't seem to be working too well.

I've been having a lot of hip pain, that has recently resulted in my foot feeling like it is "asleep" all the time. Also, my ribcage pops. Like my knuckles. So, I've been going to the chiropractor for these issues. I've only gone twice, but I thought it was helping. But last night, while I was running, my foot started feeling really tingly. By mile 3, my ankle was swollen. What the heck? Ice took down the swelling right away, and it hasn't returned. Mandy thinks it might be a stress fracture in my foot. Chris says sciatica. I think I will leave this one up to the medical professionals.

Also, I have been having "female problems", plus, this morning I woke up with an earache in both ears and a sore neck. So, off to the doctor's with me. I have an appointment tomorrow.

This is most frustrating, because I'm supposed to be (and think of myself as) someone who knows her body quite well and listens to it. (Well, most times as I thought about stopping at mile 2.5 last night but kept pushing.) I teach other people how to use their bodies well. And now mine seems to be crashing.

3 comments:

Amy Crawford said...

You know Nick, what's really weird is that both Justin and I have had all sorts of physical problems since we came back from the honeymoon. I think between the stress of the wedding, Justin's business getting a little crazy, moving, etc., we've both had full-body breakdowns. Justin has horrible back pain all the time, I have crazy sinus headaches all the time. I'm pretty sure it has all to do with all of the changes. I noticed I did the same thing the year after I graduated college. do you think that all these issues could have a similar genesis?

Kinesic Sense said...

Hm. Good thought. Work has been pretty stressful lately as well. Too much stress!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't I get to your blog?

Amy Crawford said...

weird that you can't get to my blog... www.domesticmuse.com