Sunday, July 12, 2009

I am so easily bored.

So I thought I'd take another job. That's right, why not? 10 hrs/wk at the Pilates studio, 20+/wk at Wellworks and then a few more here and there and the dance studio and gym was not enough for me.

I am now the Executive Director of Indigenous Pitch Dance Collective. IPDC was created 3 years ago by Lisa Welsh, who owns the dance studio where I work. After hearing about the devastation still lingering a year after Hurrican Katrina, she decided to do what she does best: love children through dance. She took a group of instructors from the studio and went to New Orleans for a week to provide a free dance camp.

Since then, the program has grown and we are now providing camps in New Orleans and Philadelphia. Lisa realized that she needed some help with the non-profit, because sometimes, being so close and so passionate can make being objective and business-like difficult. She asked me to come on board as the executive director.

This is currently a volunteer position, although we are working (practically around the clock) to secure funding for our programs. Along that line, I am posting our Donation Letter. If you can help in anyway, it would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: